Sunday, March 15, 2015

I want....(a Chelsea perspective)

Hi, Chelsea here.  If you saw the video of my "birthday party"  you know how I got invited to go to Uganda.  I was so excited I literally had tears of happiness. Ever since I've been to Ethiopia, I always felt that that was my home.  And that I wanted to live in Africa.  I'm a tomboy and love to see creativity, play and love all at the same time.  That pretty much sums up my personalty.

Seeing that trash dump in Korah was sad and amazing all at the same time.  I felt so sad to see how people lived there, but amazed that they could survive in a trash dump.  Seeing creations for houses made me feel like these people had something in common with God.  They build houses out of nothing, just like God created everything out of nothing.  I wish I had some sort of super power to change "nothing" into "something" in those houses.  However, I would not just give them useful things to change their houses.  I want their whole perspective to change too - I want to tell them about God.

I feel that God wants me (as a 12 year old child) to show people how much I love them and for them to know that God is with everyone all the time.  I want  people to know that others love them so much and that people need them.  How would you feel if your child was in an orphanage or going through depression or knew that she might die because of the place she lived in?  How would you feel if your husband was dead and you, as a mother, were dying too?  How would you feel knowing your child wouldn't have anyone to take care of them after you were gone?

I believe that NO child should go through stuff like this.  Knowing that I can't change the whole world, well, it hurts me.  I know that there are children being stolen, killed and raped.  I know there are children feeling scared and not loved and not feeling they are "good enough"  for anyone.  Who do they turn to if they don't know God?

Not all kids can be adopted and have a family.  That makes me feel sad too.  But if everyone in North America adopted or sponsored children, there would be no more children living alone in orphanages!

I have a good life growing up.  I am known as the "nice girl" in school and have friends and family who care about me.  But it is a bit weird for me, as a kid, trying to change the world.  However, I think a kid can move the world just the same as an adult.  I honestly LOVE Africa and I don't know why.  I absolutely think WE, as the Hendren family, should adopt again (don't tell my parents!).

I love little kids and how they play together - even if they have nothing.  We in America have jobs,  money,  good shelter, and, most of all, family that loves each other and sticks together like glue.  I love the Lord Christ Jesus and my family.  I want to be a Godly woman growing up.  I want to be a famous person  in God's eyes.  I want for people to look at me and say, "Wow I want to be like her and connect with Christ."  I want to inspire people to sponsor a child, adopt one or two or three,  pass a law to make adoption easier and to make a difference in the world.  Isn't that why God created us in the first place?

Do you think your world is small?  Well it's not.  Its huge!!!!!   I am going to pray for all people out there to allow God to open up their eyes - wide!

Thank you for reading my first blog post.  I hope you enjoyed it and got inspired.  Thanks!!!  :)

PS)  In case you didn't see the video yet, here it is:




 

No comments:

Post a Comment